1. Admission for UG programme are done through SWAP of Kannur University. For PG Admissions application forms and prospectus be had from the office or payment of Rs. 50/-. The rate list will be prepared for each dept. and admission will be done from the rank list as per provisions of Kannur University and government regulations
2. Applicants who are provisionally selected for admission shall be enrolled only after they produce all the certificates mentioned in the prospectus and pay the first instalment of fees. The principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any candidate without assigning reason thereof.
3. Any candidate who is found to have secured admission by false representation will forthwith be sent away and shall forfeit the fees paid.
4. To promote healthy student-teacher relationship and to guide the scholars in academic and social matters, a system of personal guidance is provided to the students by the staff through the tutorial system.
Tuition Fees shall be remitted in 3 terms together with the whole of all other fees for the year. Caution Deposit shall be remitted on enrolment.
After the last date fixed for the remittance of fees, the names of the defaulters will be struck off from the rolls and he / she will be re-admitted only after obtaining an application in writing and on payment of all the arrears of fees.
Absence (with or without leave) from the college shall not be an excuse for non-payment of fees in time.
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Eligible Communities and Christian converts from Scheduled Castes are exempted from payment of fees.
Students belonging to Other Backward Communities also need not pay fees if the income of their families does not exceed Rs. 25,000/- in the case of students of Degree classes and Rs. 42,000/- in the case of Students of Post Graduate Classes. Students who claim exemption from payment of fees under the rule must produce certificates from the competent authority of their locality showing the community and income of their family
Fees will be collected in the college office upto 2 p.m. on the dates fixed for the remittance of the fees.
1. Every student for a course of study shall on admission to the college at the commencement of the course or during the period of course, be liable to pay the caution deposit prescribed along with the first instalment of tuition fees and other special fees payable on the date of admission or at the commencement of a course or along with such items of fees as are to be paid under the rules in case, where the admission is taking place during the period of a course as the case may be.
2. Students belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Other Eligible Communities are exempted from payment of Caution Deposit. As Other Eligible Communities and Other Backward Communities are considered as different categories for the grant of educational concession from Harijan Welfare Department, students belonging to 'Other Backward Communities' should pay the caution deposit prescribed.
3. The Caution Deposit to be paid by a student for a particular course shall be retained in the institution till the completion of the course of study concerned in the institution. At the end of a particular course of study the Caution Deposit realised from a student will be refunded to him/her on receipt of an application from the student in the prescribed form and after adjusting the dues, if any on account of i) Loss of library books ii) Recovery of fine for breakages of laboratory equipment or any other loss caused to properties of the college and, iii) Arrears of fees, if any. If the Caution Deposit is less than the amount to be realised from the students, the excess amount will be realised by other means as the principal may decide.
4. Normally the Caution Deposit paid by a student for a particular course in an institution shall be refunded to him/her after adjusting dues, if any. Before completion of the course in that college if the student applies for refund of the same and provided further, the student takes T.C. from the college concerned on the ground of discontinuing the course or pursuing studies for the same or for a different course in some other institution.
5. The student should keep in safe custody the receipts issued against remittance of the Caution Deposit amount, during the tenure of the course. The Caution Deposit amount will be refunded only if the original receipt issued from the college is produced along with the application for refund of the caution Deposit. Failure to produce the original receipt will result in the forfeiture of the amount.
6. The outgoing students should prefer their claims for refund of Caution Deposit on or before 31st May of the year. Unclaimed Caution Deposits will be forfeited to the Govt. They should produce their library identification cards while claiming payment.
1. Application for Transfer Certificate should be made in the prescribed from at least two days in advance.
2. Conduct certificate will ordinarily be issued only along with the Transfer Certificate when the student has completed the course.
3. Students who have appeared for University Examination should apply for T. C. during the first term of the next academic year failing which late fee of Rs.15/- will be collected. Fee for duplicate TC is Rs. 30/- and fine for duplicate identitycard is Rs. 30/-.
1 ). Applicant belonging to SC/ST/OEC, Kudumbis and Christian convert from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes who are bonafide subjects of Kerala State are eligible for full fee concession, stipend and lumpsum grant for purchase of books and dress. They will have to produce at the time of admission a Nativity Certificate and a Community Certificate.
2 ). Applicants belonging to Backward and Forward communities who are bonafide subjects of the Kerala State are eligible for full fee concession, if the income of their families does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- in the case of students of Degree class and Rs. 1,00,000/- in the case of students of Post Graduate classes as per the Kumara Pillai Commission report.
Note : Applicants eligible for fee concession will have to produce the following certificates at the time of admission.
a . Applications belonging to the SC/ST/OEC, Kudumbi and Christian converts from SC/ST should produce income certificate and community certificate in original.
b . Applications belonging to OBC must produce an income certificate issued by the Village Officer and countersigned by the Local Panchayat President/Chairman of Municipality/ Mayor of the Corporation/Honorary Magistrate/M.L.A. or M.P. in the prescribed form.
c . The income of both the parents must be shown in the income certificate and certificate of income of the Guardian will be accepted only in the case of orphans or in other exceptional cases.
d . Community and Nativity certificates in the prescribed forms have to be submitted within 15 days from the commencement of the class. If this has not been done, fees will have to be paid.
e . Applicant who do not produce necessary certificates at the time of admission will not be admitted unless they pay the prescribed fees.
1 . Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each class. Absence during one period in the FN will be counted as absence in the FN session and absence in one period in the AN will be counted as absence in AN session.
2 . The students are required to be in their places at the beginning of each class. No student will be allowed to leave the class during class hours without the permission of the Head of the Institution.
3 . Late comers shall not enter the class without the permission of the teacher
4 . No students shall be absent from the class without leave.
5 . Application for leave shall be submitted in the prescribed form one day in advance or on the day the student rejoins the college.
6 . All applications for leave from students will be entertained only if they are recommended by the group tutor concerned. Applications for leave, in the case of degree students shall be forwarded by the respective Head of Department also.
7 . If the period of leave applied for, exceed 5 days he/she shall produce a medical certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner, on the day before or after the period of leave. Medical certificates submitted later will not be accepted.
8 .If a student is absent from the class without leave for more than 10 days, his/her names shall be removed from the rolls. He/she may however be re-admitted after furnishing sufficient reasons.
9 .The annual certificate of attendance required for admission to the University examination will in no case be granted unless the student has attended at least 75 percentage of the total number of working days during the academic year.
10 . A student whose attendance in the condonable limit ( maximum 12days of the shortage) shall apply for exemption through the Principal to the University in the prescribed format.
11 .The annual certificate of attendance will be granted to a student only after he/she has completed the course of instruction to the satisfaction of the authorities of the college and that his progress and conduct has been satisfactory.
1 . The primary purpose of examinations and test papers is to evaluate the work of the students and also to give them training.
2 . Exemption from attendance at examinations and test papers is granted only by the principal.
3 . Malpractice in test papers and examinations will be regarded as a serious breach of discipline.
4 . College scholarships/prizes/concessions etc. will be awarded only to those students who appear for the terminal examinations and test papers of the college.
1 . Students are expected to be cleanly and suitably dressed in their class as well as at any gathering within the college premises. Students should observe strict modesty in dress.
2 . Students shall always behave, with dignity and courtesy.
3 . When a teacher enters a class room, students shall rise and remain standing until the teacher takes his/her seat or ask them to be seated.
4 . As discipline is highly essential for the smooth working of the college, each and every student shall maintain it at any cost.
5 . Loitering through the corridors, hooting in the class rooms and other undesirable activities which disturb the calm atmosphere of the college are strictly forbidden.
6 . Absolute obedience is expected from every student. If any one tries to defy the authority of the principal or any teacher he/she will be punished.
7 . Smoking is strictly prohibited in the college campus
8 . Students are forbidden to participate in any meeting or agitation directed against the authority of the Government or the college.
9 . No meeting or entertainments shall be organised or any fund collected in the college or hostel without the permission of the Principal.
10 . No student shall join or work for any organisation outside the college without the permission of the Principal.
11 . No student shall disfigure the walls and windows or furniture by writing on them. If any student damages or destroys any college property he/she will have to pay the cost of repair.
12 . Students who have no class to attend at any particular hour should remain in the reading room.
13 . Women students in particular, should not remain in class room when they have no class. They may proceed to the girls room or the library.
14 . Every student is expected to take part in one or more of the games for which facilities are provided by the college.
15 . Identity Cards:- All students admitted to the college shall keep with them their identity cards, with recent passport size photograph, duly attested by the Principal. All payments, issue of certificates etc. will be made to the students only on production of their identity cards.
Any tampering or disfiguring made on identity cards will be considered as a serious offence. Such identity cards will be cancelled and no new cards will be issued. In case an original identity card has been irrecoverably lost, a duplicate card will be issued, only after completing the procedure usually followed in the college. The identity card shall be surrendered in the office at the time of issue of transfer certificate or on the completion of the course whichever is earlier.
16 . Hostel : No student will be allowed to stay out of the hostel after 6.30 p.m. except with the special permission of the resident tutor.
17 . If any student violates the rules and regulation stated above the Principal has absolute authority to expell him/her from the college.
18 . USE OF MOBILE PHONES ON COLLEGE CAMPUS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IT IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENCE AS PER COURT ORDERS.
19 . ALL STUDENTS SHALL WEAR THE IDENTITY TAG PROVIDED BY THE COLLEGE IN THE COLLEGE CAMPUS